- Individual(s) should be seated comfortably at
a table (normal occurrence - no clip board or other surface submissions)
- Writing should be done with ball point pin or
if they have their own favorite writing instrument use that.
- Writing should be on plain paper (un-lined and/or
not containing borders).
- Individual should be instructed to write about
their knowledge of what occurred, there whereabouts during the suspected time frame of the occurrence, and any other
pertinent information. If this is related to Insurance Fraud with lost or stolen
items have the individual create a list of missing items. Basically, depending
on the type of investigation being conducted interrogator / investigator may be more specific as to what information they
- Individual should end their written statement
with a sentence such as, "I did not ______ (mention of infraction:burglarize, steal, murder, assault, falsely report, etc.)
and I have no Knowledge about it".
- Repeat the above instructions for each individual
in question (suspect) or who may in any way be associated with the occurrence.